The Aqua pure water filter has great specialization due to its containing of RO filters. It produces the cleaning of the filtered water using reverse osmosis technology. There are two primary levels of the aqua-pure filter. It contains a reverse osmosis membrane and pre-filters. Here, you will know about how to clean aqua pure water filter.
The efficiency of the unit depends on the RO membrane. On the other hand, the pre-filters are of activated carbon. The cleaning of both RO membrane & pre-filters is essential.
Clean Aqua Pure Water Filter
It is necessary to wash hands and wear clean gloves of rubber before cleaning. After that, cut the supply of water to the aqua pure water filter.
Firstly, drain the water from the filter and then close the faucet. Secondly, remove the RO membrane & pre-filter. You can simply use a wrench for their removal. In contrast to the katadyn filter, here, you can use any chemical cleaner. The purpose of cleaner is to sanitize the whole system.
The second step includes the removal of all sorts of build-up. It is efficient to eliminate build-up from the filter. Add cleaning solution to the housing of the pre-filter. There is no damage to the direct entering of the cleaning solution in the housing. After that, open the bypass faucet. The running of water ensures the best rinsing of the filter. So, you can easily clean aqua pure water filter.
The cleaning of the RO membrane is also easier. Simply wash the membrane with the cleaning solution. You can also utilize dishwashing liquid instead of a cleaning solution. The dishwashing liquid is safer to clean and will never damage the RO membrane or pre-filter. The cleaning of the RO membrane needs proper attention. Rinse the membrane and remove traces from it.
After the cleaning & rinsing of the aqua pure water filter, reassemble the system. Lastly, restart the filter and get better results from filtered water. It is our recommendation to replace the membrane after every year. After the lifespan of the membrane or pre-filter, the change is necessary than cleaning.
HOW TO MAINTAIN WATER FILTERS AT HOME?
Placing water filters at home is an excellent alternative if you want to enjoy fresh and pure water throughout the year. However, in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic it is more important than ever. For example, it is recommended to wash your hands with filtered water for greater hygiene and safety. Water filters have a useful life related to the frequency of use, the level of contamination and the type of filter. To guarantee a longer life and obtain the expected water quality, it is necessary to maintain the water filters . Here we will explain how to do it.
What problems can affect water filters?
To get started, let’s quickly review how water filters work . It’s simple: the equipment receives water from the tap and through some system makes it circulate through the filters. Then these, according to their composition and purification system, retain or eliminate particles, bacteria and viruses. The purified water comes out of the filter through its own tap or the domestic tap.
Over time the filters become saturated, but this is not the only problem. Other problems that can affect them are:
- Variations in water pressure.
- Hard waters.
On the other hand, if the filter maintenance program is not followed at home, problems such as:
- Low production of filtered water.
- Poor quality of the water obtained.
- Pressure changes.
- Changes in taste, smell, or appearance.
- Strange noises in the equipment.
- Too much water in the drain.
Tips for filter replacement
Each type of filter has its requirements, but beyond the specific requirements, we recommend:
- Read the maintenance instructions carefully. All filter systems have a user guide or manual with everything you need to know about the system. Keep it in an accessible place.
- I set reminders for filter replacement. These should be changed at different intervals depending on the type of filter. Don’t put off the replacement.
- Use only compatible filters . They must be of the same make and model as the filter system.
- I have replacement cartridges. There may be changes in the quality of the water, the pressure or breaks that lead to having to make the change earlier than expected. Therefore, keep them in their original packaging and store them in a cool, clean and dry place.
- Do not reuse the filters. Once their cycle is completed, they must be discarded properly. Remember that they absorb pollutants and harmful microorganisms.
Maintenance of water filters and their replacement
The main maintenance task is the replacement of filters. The duration of the filter is related to the type of equipment. For example, those of reverse osmosis have several filters that must be replaced on a scheduled basis. Filter cartridges generally last 1 year, but you should always refer to the user guide. To change them I followed these steps:
- I arranged all the elements of the replacement on the counter.
- Close the water purifier power tap.
- With the appropriate wrench, loosen the filter holder.
- Unscrew the filter holder and remove it.
- Remove the filter to change.
- Rinse the portafilter well.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging.
- Place it making sure it is in the middle of the cartridge holder.
- Replace the portafilter and screw it on by hand.
- Adjust it with the wrench.
- I turned on the power tap on the purifier and let the water run for a few minutes to release pressure and avoid the new filter taste.
Other maintenance tasks
- Cleaning. Thoroughly clean the container that houses the cartridge twice a year. There are places where dirt can collect. Please read the manual carefully for the safest cleaning method. Make sure all parts are dry before putting the kit back together.
- Disinfection. Disinfect the system using household chemicals, such as bleach or vinegar. Remove the filters and membrane and run water with the diluted disinfectant. To eliminate the coronavirus, the dilution is 20 ml. per liter of water.
- Lubrication: lubricate the gaskets with food grade silicone.
- Water softeners . In many cases the hardness of the water can damage the equipment.
Did you find these tips helpful? If you have doubts, check with your provider. The maintenance service of the water filters is carried out following the strictest biosafety standards.